Attorney Eric J. Smith has been practicing law in Texas since 2005. He assists clients in the areas of probate, estate planning, family law, real estate closing, and small business entity formation. Attorney Smith prioritizes educating his clients, breaking down complex legal matters into the words that they can understand. He aims to make every client feel comfortable and confident throughout the process. It is Eric’s mission to apply his logic and legal knowledge to help people solve tangible everyday problems.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Economics, Baylor University – 1996
- Juris Doctor, Baylor University School of Law – 2005
- Clerked with the Dallas Probate Court under the Honorable Judge Nikki DeShazo.
- Served as a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) following children through the termination of their parents’ rights.
- Worked with Arlington elder law attorney Charles Kennedy on probate, guardianship, and bankruptcy matters.
- Worked as an Attorney Advisor to the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Disaster Assistance, closing loans for homeowners and businesses in the wake of the Gulf Coast hurricanes.